Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Blackened Cajun Style Tilapia servied over a bed of Spinach


we heading to Michigan City, Indiana today, actually very shortly, and I thought I would put this recipe up quick because I making this tonight along with burgers. I allready made my rub and plan to grill the blackened fish. When Ive made this before, I have skilleted it on the stove in a cast iron pan, but tonight we will be going for easy clean up, since we are staying at friends, and there is a total of 16 of us, 11 of which are kids. Hopefully it will be fun in the sun all day at my friends beachfront house. Here is my blackened recipe, and true to form, I just worked with the spices I had, and didnt venture to the store at midnight lastnight when I was making my rub.
4 peices of Tilapia
Rub:
1 1/2 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon basil
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon dried parsley

Mix all dry ingredients together

rinse and pat dry Tilapia
heat skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil
sprinkle on rub thoroughly on each salmon steak
place in skillet and cook 5 or 6 minutes on each side

if grilling, coat each side in rub, and place on grill, same amount of cooking time

No comments:

Post a Comment