Saturday, July 24, 2010

Balsamic Marinated Chicken over Field Greens


Alright, its officially a HOT summer! Anyone that knows me, knows I dont complain about heat. Im not the best sport when it comes to winter, and everything that goes along with it- cold, wet, dreary etc.....but "heat" I am in heaven. The hotter it is, the happier I am. Infact I make my family crazy because I dont even like airconditioning. Yesterday, I had many work projects going on, including cleaning my garage, and weeding my yard, so I didnt even come in to make dinner until after 7:00. I wanted to make something easy, quick and light since it was late and the temps were still in uper 80's. So I grabbed 7 ingredients, and dinner was on table in less then 20 minutes.
ingredients:
2 chicken breasts $2.29
16 ounces romaine, field greens, iceburg(I used fieldgreens)$1.99
large tomato or 20-30 cherry tomatos $1.99
4 oz blue cheese $1.20
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
salt

wisk olive oil and vinegar in a bowl with a couple shakes of salt

toss chicken breasts in 1/4 cup marinade and put on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes on each side at 350

In meantime when chicken is cooking, prepare lettuce on 4 plates, devide cheese and tomatos and top each salad, evenly distribute remaining salad dressing on each salad

remove chicken from oven, slicing each making sure completely cooked

slice chicken breasts into strips and top salads

serve

No comments:

Post a Comment