Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Garden Black Bean Burger $2.92


Ok, top ten of our recipes is definitely our black bean burger, infact, Kim and I like it so much, this is the third time it has made an appearence. True to our word, though it is a "no repeat" year, therefore, we bring you Black Bean Burger, but a different variety then the previous two recipes. This burger cant get fresher then produce from my garden, and that is exactly where our produce came from, My lovely, massive garden. My dad was the huge gardner in our family, infact he died on Earth day, which was very apropos because he LOVED to garden. He never thought of it as work, and looked forward to spending a few hours in his garden everynight, even after a 12 hour work day. This year my brother planted 80 tomato plants in my garden, so tomatos are starting to be part of every meal for us. I also have a huge basil plant that is growing like a weed. I took a handful for our burgers, and a large tomato. I havent found a black bean burger I havent liked, so I am sure I am not going to start now. This one is going to be oh so good, I just know it.
Ingredients
1 16 ounce can black beans(drained) .69
1 egg .10
1/2 cup bread crumbs.20
1 clove garlic(quartered) .08
1 medium onion (quartered).30
1 large tomato diced .80
1/4 cup firmly packed fresh basil.75

in a bowl mix egg, bread crumbs, garlic, onion, basil
in food processor mix black beans until fully mashed approx 30 seconds
add bread crumb/egg combo, mix in food processor for 30 more seconds
add tomatos for 10 seconds
remove mix from food processor
form into 4 burgers
bake on cookie sheet for 20 minutes on 325, or cook over open flame in skillet, or grill
serve with bun, lettuce as a wrap or alone(this burger can stand alone)

No comments:

Post a Comment