Thursday, March 11, 2010

BLUEBERRIES THE SUPER SUPER FOOD!

My family would think I am the nicest mom and aunt because I give them fruit smoothies every time they ask for one, or even when they dont ask. Lucky for me and them, most of them prefer fruit smoothies over icecream or chocolate. The reason I am happy for that is because fruit is so healthy. My favorite fruit to serve alone, or in a smoothie is the little purple one- blueberries.
All berries are loaded with nutrients, but blueberries seem to be superseeding them in all departments.
They are rich in vitamins A,C, and E and betacarotene, as well as rich in minerals, potassium, manganese, magnesium. They are very high in fiber and low in saturated fat, cholesteral and sodium. However this is the tip of the iceberg, for recent studies tell us that of all the fresh fruit and vegetables, blueberries provide the most health protecting antioxidents. Those valuable elements which prevent cancer causing cell damage and may also limit the changes wrought on by age related diseases.
That little purple ball may be tiny, but it packs a big punch of health benefits, to all age groups

No comments:

Post a Comment