Thursday, March 4, 2010

Its Been a Great Trip So Far

Kim and I meet every Thursday Morning to discuss our meal ideas for the following week. We thumb through cookbooks, scan the internet, talk about family favorites, or meals we have always wanted to try, not to mention gab about what ever good friends gab about at any given day. Kim lives about 40 minutes from me and usually I go her way b/c she has a little one still at home, and much easier for me to travel. This meal planning could be done over the phone, but I think Kim and I both agree we look forward to hanging out a few hours, and we love talking about food. I think we have both taken on a more adventurous and creative attitude about food and about cooking. I, for one, used to make a lot of pasta. I would say "my son loves it", which is true, however, how would I have known he would "love" a Egg, Bacon and Cheese Panini? or a Herb Encrusted Salmon(he loved both of those) if I didnt try. I think working together as a team with Kim, has made all the difference in the world. I would never have done this alone. I would have gone along the way I did for 10 years and start thinking about dinner aroun 2:00, and of course the "dread" would come over me. If someone would have said 9 weeks in, 40+ days we would have had no repeat meals, I would never have believed it. Not to mention the savings I feel in the pocketbook, and the healthier I feel in my body. It feels like everynight we are making a really tasty health, gourmet meal. I feel like the ideas are endless, and I look forward everyweek to planning and then making all the meals for the week. So my hat off to Kim, it's been 2 months and it wouldnt have been half as fun without you! 2 down 10 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment