Saturday, December 18, 2010

Filet Fish Sandwich

This is the first time I have ever made this sandwich and the first time I didnt have it at a fast food resturaunt. I thought it came out pretty good. I would probably have done a few things differently like using an egg instead of just butter to help coat the fish. I would also have made my own breadcrumbs with wholewheat bread just so the sandwich had more fiber, but all in all it was a good first attempt at a fish filet sandwich. Im thinking I will do it again sometime. Ingredients
4 fllets fish -flounder, orange roughy, haddock, even tilapia
1 tbsp lemon
1/2 tsp paprika
3 tbsp butter
1 1/2 tbsp flour
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1 tbsp parsley
place fish in greased pan and sprinkle with lemon, paprika, and dash of salt and pepper
in sauce pan heat 1 tablespoon butter, flour, s and p and add milk, stirring all the while until sauce is thick
pour over fish
melt remaining butter add to breadcrumbs and coat fish
bake fish at 350 for 35 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment