Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Shrimp De Jonghe




This is my first attempt at making this Shrimp dish and Im hoping it comes out good, because it is something I have a hard time passing up ordering when dining out. If it is offered on a menu, I usually order it. When scanning the internet and cookbooks for recipes, I was amazed at the many different ways to prepare a De Jonghe topping there are. I am going with a basic recipe, but I am cutting some of the fat.....I know people love butter, but 1 whole cup isnt happening.
Lets see what happens
ingredients:
1 5 lbs shrimp
2 cups dry white wine
2 cloves garlic minced
2 cups breadcrumbs
1/2 cup butter
1 cup parsley
2 tsp paprika

In a 9x9 greased pan line shrimp
pour wine over shrimp
in bowl combine butter, bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, paprika, and salt and pepper
spread over shrimp evenly
bake at 375 for 20 minutes, until shrimp is firm or topping crisp

No comments:

Post a Comment