Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Salmon Al Fresco


Well its starting to happen, my vegetable garden is starting to come alive! The 80 tomato plants are a blooming. I am assuming there will be atleast 1 if not 2 recipes every week made with tomatos for the next month. (sorry Kim, I know raw tomato not your fave) Ill try to come up with meals where the tomatos are cooked. So today I didnt have to look to far. I grabbed 4 pieces of salmon out of freezer. Let them thaw. I took a trip to my backyard and grabbed a bowl full of cherry tomatos and a handful of basil, and my salmon bruscetta was born. Seriously, I dont know how one can go wrong with this tasty combo, esp since the meal is so fresh and light. Here is my 5 minute prep:
4 salmon steaks
20(approx) cherry tomatos
handful of basil
1/2 cup of wine
3 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves minced
salt and pepper

heat oven to 350 or fire up grill
place salted and peppered salmon on 4 seperate sheets of aluminum foil
cut up tomato and basil
evenly coat salmon with olive oil and white wine
top with tomato, basil, garlic
bake for 20 minutes or until fish is flakey to the touch of a fork

No comments:

Post a Comment