Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Futtuchine with Basil Pesto




sometimes I just have a taste for something super, super fresh, and in the summer, what is better then fresh herbs grown in the garden. I am NO green thumb, but it difficult not to do basil right. Either buy a small plant and plant it in an area that gets medium sun, or buy a potted plant and let it grow. Basil, just multiplies and multiplies. Whenever I make basil pesto, I wonder why I dont make it more often because I love the flavor and texture. The whole meal took as long as it took for the noodles to boil, and I just did pasta alone with the pesto, but next time I am thinking of incorporating shrimp in the dish, yum! BTW, the recipe made two cups pesto, and I only used



Boil noodles of choice according to direction(we went fettuchine this time)

here is the Basil Pesto formula



2 cup basil leaves firmly packed

1/2 cup grated parm cheese

1/2 cup EVOO

1/3 cup walnut, pine nut, almonds(optional)

2 medium size garlic cloves

salt and pepper to taste



in food processor or blender add Basil, parm cheese, nuts and garlic, puise for pulse 30 seconds

gradually add olive oil a tablespoon at a time, making sure to scrape sides in between pulsing

the mixture will come together and form a beautiful vibrant green color, with a wonderful taste to match



drain cooked noodles

toss in skillet with a cup of pesto, for two mnutes on low

This pasta dish doesnt require any additional cheese, I did add a bit of red pepper flake because i must eat everything HOT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment