Saturday, May 1, 2010

Eggdrop Soup $1.92

Eggdrop soup or Stratchatelle, is a soup my mom made for me when I was young and not feeling well, and I in turn make if for my son when he isnt feeling well. I think its the soothing broth and the egg which is loaded with protein that provides a big "pick me up". I never followed a formal recipe to make it, so this time I am going to measure it out

Ingredients
4 cups chicken broth$1.18
3 eggs beaten.24
1/4 tsp grated ginger.05
1/4 tsp garlic powder.05
1 tsp soysauce.10
2 small green onions.20
1 tablespoon cornstarch.10

pour 3 1/2 cups chicken broth in a pot and add ginger, garlic powder soy sauce and onion
bring to boil
in bowl combine remaining chicken broth and cornstarch, stir together completely
add mixture to broth, and simmer
slowly add beaten eggs
eggs should form white ribbons

This is usually a soup I like on a cold winter day, but a rainy overcast day will do!!

1 comment:

  1. unbelievably simple and so good!
    I can't believe how healthy this was!
    NICE JOB B!

    ReplyDelete