Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Herb Encrusted Salmon $8.88


I have always wanted to make a "herb encrusted" piece of meat or fish. I have never made a crust before other then braad crumbs or a combo of bread crumbs and and parm cheese, and the idea of a crust that has lots of flavors from herbs sounds like it would be awesome.

I searched the web and came up with an idea of my own based on many recipes that I have found, so we shall see what happens.....

2 cloves of minced garlic, or 1 tablespoon of jarred minced garlic .20
1/4 cup dried parsley .30
1 tsp paprika .10
1 tablespoon basil .15
1/2 cup breadcrumbs .30
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup olive oil.50
4-6 salmon filets $3.99
2 large sweet potatoes $1.00

4 medium sweet potatoes $1.25
vegetables(brocolli)$1.09
total $ 8.88

Mix all dry ingredents together, and add in olive oil.
cover the top of each salmon piece entirely with the crust mixture, 1/4 inch thick.
Place in baking pan, pour remaining olive oil over the fish, and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, or until fish is flakey to the fork touch.

Cut sweet potatoes in strips like french fries. Place in baking dish. Toss 1/4 cup olive oil. Spice them up with paprika. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. sorry Barbara, I had a tooth pulled today, so I'm eating chicken noodle soup. A great recipe, slightly different from what we did before ... hopefully we're heading for warm weather and we'll save this recipe for November. Wish I could try the herb encrusted Salmon though.

    ReplyDelete