Thursday, October 14, 2010

Beef Stroganoff


Its crockpot time. Kim isnt so keen on crockpot cooking, and I wouldnt say Im not keen on it, I actually love the idea of getting a meal ready early in the day, and then letting it cook or simmer all day. I just havent crockpot cooked often, but fall is definitely in the air, so what better time to make a beef stroganoff. I found a bunch of recipes and tweaked them inorder to cut out some fat calories. I thought the results were pretty good.

ingredients
1 lb beef stew meat $ 4.95
2 tablespoon olive oil or canola oil .20
1/4 cup flour .04
2 cups water
2 beef boulion cubes .10
1/2 cup red wine .30
1 cup lowfat sour cream .89
1/2 lb egg noodles .50
salt and pepper

salt and pepper meat, roll in flour
heat oil and brown meat for 5 minutes
turn crockpot to high, add meat, water, wine boulion cubes, and cook for 8 hours on high
in the last 30 minutes add sourcream
boil egg noodles
serve beef over noodles

No comments:

Post a Comment