Saturday, June 26, 2010

Chicken Taco $10.25

I have a neice who every once in a while says "zia Barbara, will you make me a chicken taco?" Since this was not part of our weekly menu, I told her I could make the taco, but some ingredients would be missing, she was ok with that as long as the taco contained chicken. :) So as it turns out, the only item missing from her taco was the shredded lettuce. I used a can of diced tomato to make a tomato and corn salsa, a handful of shredded chedder cheese, a small dolup of sourcream, and I was in the the taco business. yeah!
Leftover salsa going to be used for a side next week with salmon or crabcakes.
1 box taco shells .99(ten taco shells)
2 chicken breasts $2.25
1 cup shredded cheese .80
1 10 oz can diced tomato .69
1 cup frozen corn .25
2 tsp salt .02
1 tablespoon taco seasoning .20
1 tablespoon parsley .10
1 tsp hot sauce .15
1/2 cup sour cream .60
total $ 5.06 yields 10 hefty tacos
for salsa
combine corn(drained) and tomatos(keeping all the tomato sauce) add salt, parsleyand hot sauce 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
mix well
in bowl combine chunked can chicken and salsa
to build your taco, there is really no correct order I think
chicken salsa combo on the bottom
then layer of cheese and finally layer of sourcream

No comments:

Post a Comment