Thursday, September 16, 2010

Mixed Greens with Grilled Shrimp in a Balsamic Vinegrette

Ok, how can one go wrong with mixed baby greens and balsamic vinegrette?? top it with cherry tomatoes, red onion, fresh shaved parmegiano, and grilled shrimp and you got one of my favorite meals. Infact, there is an Italian Resturaunt chain in the Chicagoland called Mia Francesca that serves a salad similar to that and I love it there, but I think I love my own just as much, and I can always go for seconds when I make it at home. I did make my own very simple vinegrette, but store bought is ok as well. I happen to really like the balsamic vinegrete at Aldi, I just didnt happen to have any left at home, so 6:00 I wasnt about to drive to Aldi, so I pulled my own together very quickly.

For the dressing
1 cup olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 clove garlic minced
1 tablespoon honey
a shake or two of salt
place all in blender or food processor

1 lb mixed field greens
1 cup small cherry tomatos
1 medium size onion thiny sliced
1/4 cup shaved parm cheese
24 medium cooked shrimp(tail on)

heat panini maker, take tails of shrimp, place 6 on maker and grill until a bit golden, continue to cook the rest(if no maker, grilling not necessary)
set out four plates evenly with salad
top immediately with cheese and shrimp
serve
in large bowl toss salad, tomatoes, onion and 1/2 cup dressing

No comments:

Post a Comment