Monday, September 6, 2010

Brats and Coleslaw

Labor Day time!! Feel like it was just Memorial Day, and yet Summer is coming to an end. While Im sorry to see it end, Im looking forward to more structure with kids in school, and less idle time playing X Box, Play Station, driving around like a taxi cab to golf, pool, friends houses. Time to get going on the many projects that Kim and I are working on. I love coleslaw, infact I love any version of colslaw whether it is made with vinegar, mayo a combo of both, lemon juice, poppyseeds......there are many different "secrets" to making coleslaw. This is the first time I have ever made coleslaw from scratch and it was a snap. It was easy, fairly cheep, and really good.

We had a bbq at my brothers house and I was incharge of the bruscetta and coleslaw.
Heres my version:
4 to 5 cups shredded cabbage
1 medium green pepper(thinly sliced)
3 carrots coarsly shredded
2 tablespoon onion
1/4 c sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c vinegar
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon mayonaise

shred cabbage, add peppers, carrots and onions
in separate bowl combine sugar, vinegar, oil, mayo, mix well
toss with cabbage combo until completely coated add salt and refrigerate for a few hours

I warmed Chicken Sausage Brats (With mozzarella and sundried tomaotes inside) on the grill.  I then threw them in buns, and served with sausage! 
Here's a look at the brat...  yeah, that's my thumb.  sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment