Monday, June 21, 2010

Oatmeal and Dried Fruit $ 1.75


If I had to name the best deal at Walgreens, I would say all around everyday low price goes to dried fruit. we are talking cheap!!! 6 ounce box of dried-cranberries, raisins, pinapple, apricots, dates, prunes $1.00!! Everyday!! Sometimes they are 2 boxes for a dollar! As a former baker, I know the price of dried fruit and that is just very inexpensive, consequently I buy dried fruit a lot from Walgreens. I find many ways to cook/or bake with it, I also eat them alone. I have been known to eat 10 dried apricots in one sitting. Not only are they cheap, dried fruit is actually very nutritious. Here is a a very basic oatmeal recipe and although i am using cranberries and raisins, any dried fruit will do.
Ingredients:3 1//2 cups water
1/4 cup cranberries .25
1/4 cup raisins .25
1/3 cup honey .15
2 cups oats $1.10

In 3 quart saucepan bring water to a boil
add fruit, honey, cinnamon
stir in oats, boil for 5 minutes or until moisture is absorbed
top with cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment