Monday, November 8, 2010

Rosemary Salmon

Thank You Michelle for bringing this dish into my life today (and yesterday too)!  This is low carb cooking at it's peak!  I had this with dried rosemary, and can only imagine how delish it would be if I had fresh rosemary - but... no money, no time, no matter - that's what the dried, inexpensive but very flavorful herbs at Aldi can do for you! Cook like a pro, shop like a cheapskate!  YES!  That could have been our blog name!  Anyway, here's the Salmon with Rosemary done in that new Calphalon pan of mine ... NO, I did NOT go buy a new Calphalon frying pan, Joe and I bought this pan about ten years ago - and used the daylights out of it... and the LIFE TIME WARRANTY of my Calphalon pans came thru for me (as did my husband!).  I'd thrown the thing in the cupboard writing it off as "not for common use", but as it is my only frying pan with a metal handle, I needed to keep it so I could bake in the frying pan - but really, it had surpassed it's useful life.  I got something delivered in a big box, can't remember what, Joe did the research (go figure), packaged the dead Calphalon, and about a WEEK - seriously - later I GOT A BRAND NEW CALPHALON PAN!  Okay, cheapskate about herbs, big spender about the cookware (I think we got it on Amazon ... probably using some points or deal of some sort - I'm not really a big spender, but I DO believe in quality!).

 
So, here's Michelle's Salmon with Rosemary

4 4 oz servings of Salmon
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp lemon juice
1 twist of pepper mill
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried, crushed rosemary (or 2 tsp fresh leaves!)

combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and rosemary in a bowl - brush onto the fish.
Put in frying pan with lid, cook for four minutes, flip, cook another four minutes, remove, and serve with a serving (or three) of freshly steamed veggies!

Now that's easy! 

NOTE: the white stuff on top of the salmon in this picture is because I covered the meat for the final four minutes  because I was working with FROZEN salmon that had not been thawed... when I covered the meat the juices, which would have settled to the bottom of the pan and created a beautify browned bottom side to my salmon, cooked on top of the meat - they appear white, but they are just juice.  You can discard or consume - either is fine!  Oh, and there are two servings of fish on my plate - part of the uber-high protein world I'm living in these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment