Saturday, September 18, 2010

Salmon with Mango Salsa $5.08


Mango two days i n a row, kinda crazy I know, but since the Mangos looked good at Aldi, I decided to buy two and since we dont like "waste", I wanted to use up my onion, cilantro, and lime. I did decide to change up the salsa a bit and used some pinapple I had purchased(can) on sale at Walgreens. The results were great. I teamed up the meal with greenbeans and it was a prfect combo.

for the salsa
1 mango, peeled and diced .69(not always available at Aldi, and usually much more $ at local grocery store)
1 cup pinapple diced .49
1/3 cup red onion diced .20
1/4 cup cilantro minced .20
1 tablespoon juice lime .20
mix all together and refrigerate for atleaast an hour

4-6 salmon steaks $3.99
season with salt and pepper
bake or grill
bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes until fish is flakey t the fork touch

serve with a generous helping of salsas

No comments:

Post a Comment