Thursday, June 3, 2010

Bruscetta with Mushrooms and Peas $2.39


When one thinks of bruscetta, they usually think of bread with tomato, basil, garlic and olive oil, well truth is, Bruscetta is actually toasted bread(usually Italian) with garlic and olive oil. The topping doesnt necessarily have to be tomato, it can be spinach, mushroom, beef, liver etc.....I always try to make my toppings healthy because basically bread isnt "healthy" esp white bread, it is just a carb, so what I top the bread with, provides all the nutrition. I could probably come up with a bruscetta a week, but that would mean me eating lots of bread a week, because anyone that knows me, knows I cant resist bruscetta of any kind.
A friend recently served this at a party, and I liked them so much, I wanted to make them myself

ingredients for bread:
8 thinly sliced Italian bread .40
1 tblspoon olive oil .15
1 small garlic clove minced .10
in small bowl combine olive oil and garlic
with a brush, brush on olive oil to bread
bake at 300 until bread is crisp

In meantime
1 cup frozen peas .40
1 cup button mushrooms sliced..99
1 tablespoon olive oil .15
1 small garlic clove .10
salt and pepper .10
heat olive oil in skillet on low add garlic, saute for 5 minutes
add mushrooms and peas, saute 10 minutes, add salt and pepper to taste

top toasted bread with mushroom pea combo and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment