Friday, May 28, 2010

Yogurt Pick Me Up any time of day $1,79


I have been a little off kilter with my stomach lately, its my highly acidic stomach, that tends to act up occasionally. When this happens, I usually eat some yogurt, infact when Im dilegent, I eat yogurt everyday, it is known to kill bad bacteria, and keeps my stomach feeling good. I make a meal out of it with some fruit and some cereal(the cereal gives it some crunch and flavor) not to mention vitamins and fiber!! My favorite cereal was on sale at Walgreens, so I decided to buy my whole "meal" there.
The cereal was on sale for $1.99/12.25 oz box 1/4 cup .20
yogurt 6 oz .99
pinapple $1.89 1/4 c .25
mandarin oranges $1.79 1/4 c .35
Total $1.79
mix all ingredients together, or layer the ingredients
This snack is loaded with calcium, vitamin A, B6, C, D, iron, fiber, and protein
btw, as we have mentioned there are lots of sales at Walgreens, as there are at most convenient stores, the challenge is to look for them. The cereal was a great price, I have payed over $4.00 for this cereal at times, if a manufacture coupon is used, even better. So even though the yogurt and fruit wasnt on sale, and could have been purchased at a better price, Walgreens was just so much more convenient. Time and gas as well sometimes are a very big factor in my life, and if it meant going to another store today, I wouldnt have gone. I never tire of that yogurt parfait, Ill be having another tomorrow, with ingredients oplenty leftover.

No comments:

Post a Comment