Saturday, April 10, 2010

Crab Cakes $3.26


Shortly after Joe and I were married and long before we had kids I remember Joe making me crab cakes for a special dinner. I don't remember anything else about it other than he made them for me. I don't really know what that means, but Barbara always has really interesting stories to share before her recipes, so I'm trying to share more anecdotal comments about the foods we pick.

I do know that Barbara really likes Crab Cakes, and that she frequently orders them if they are "on the menu" at a restaurant. Both Joe and I hope this recipe of Joe's lives up to Barbara's expectation!

Crab Cakes
1 pound imitation crab meat $2.29
1 cup Italian Bread Crumbs (divided into 2 portions).50
1/4 cup egg substitute OR 1 egg OR 1/4 cup egg whites.10
2 Tbsp mayonnaise product of choice.05
2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard.10
1 Tbsp Dill Weed (optional).10
1 Tbsp lime juice.05
1 tsp lemon juice.02
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce.10

Process crab meat in a food processor unti very finely chopped. Combine crab meat, half cup of the bread crumbs, egg, mayo, mustard, dilll, lime & lemon and Worcestershire sauce. Shape into eight patties. Place remaining bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Dip each patty into crumbs to cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. In a large, non-stick skillet, lightly coated with cooking spray, cook patties over medium heat until browned on both sides.

Serves 8
When made with fat free egg substitute (or egg whites) and fat-free mayo, contains: 150 Calories, 2 g fat, 11 protein

No comments:

Post a Comment