Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tuesday' Fritatta NUTRITIONAL

So... worried about tonight's meal ... IT IS nutritionally its sound IF you alter it a bit.

Eggs are one of nature's perfect food... but eating two eggs along with swiss cheese and ham can get a touch fattening ... so, throw away one egg yolk per person - four in the whole batch, and you really improve the nutritional aspects of this meal! 

I calculated it at:
240 calories
4 g. carbs
13 g. fat
26 g. protein
and ... 1402 mg. sodium

I love spinach (for those of you who haven't noticed :-) ), so I'll be doubling up on the spinach, and I may add onion and tomato as well (they were in our original recipe and shopping list).  I need some more veggies in my day, and this seeems a perfect meal to add them.

enjoy your eggs tonight!

Here's a picture of my Fritata, which I made in a frying pan, and baked in a frying pan (time/temp as in recipe) after cooking on the stove top for about 4 minutes.  This really browns nicely, and makes a beautiful presentation!
K

No comments:

Post a Comment