Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Stirfry with Shrimp $6.48



Can't get much easier than this for dinner now can we?


Finished product - about 12 minutes later.  I have a huge pan in which I cooked about 1/2 of the package and 3/4 of the 12 oz. shrimp package.  Ellie had a friend over who enjoys seafood - seriously, an eight year old who enjoys shrimp.  I invited her over for dinner every seafood night!

To the kids' portion of the veggie/noodle mix I added chicken instead of the shrimp (a couple left over tenders from the paninis of Sunday night).  I enjoyed it, Ellie's friend cleaned her plate, and my kids did "OK" for this type of meal - too many cooked veggies for them - they prefer raw crunchy veggies.  They did eat the Aldi Potstickers that I had in the freezer and broke out because of the company... mmm... lucky them!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I had the same issue with my little ones who dined with me tonight. Tonight, I didnt have my son, but 3 nieces and 1 nephew heard I was making "chinese" that included shrimp and they came running over-litterally, my brother and sister inlaw and their 5 children live a block away from me. It is never unusual for me to have 1 or 7 of them for dinner, infact my sister inlaw is very excited about this challenge and has so generously offered me her children everynight for the next year:) Anyway, 2 or the 4 children ate their veggies, its ok, I ate what they left behind. BTW, I used all the shrimp, these kids go nuts for them!

    ReplyDelete