Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Risotto Milenese $3.79


Im thinking I shouldnt be calling this dish Risotto Milenese because although my family has always called this rice dish by this name, I couldnt find a recipe that did the same. There are tons of versions of this dish on the internet, but I didnt find any of them made the way we make ours. Ours has always been strictly a tomato based rice dish, and any Risotto Milenese recipes I found on the internet were basically plain dishes with chicken broth, sometimes white wine and lots of times saffron. So, Ill put up our recipe, but bearing in mind, that it is litterally our family recipe only...I have never made a risotto dish with a recipe, I usually just keep adding broth and stirring until the rice is cooked to an even creamy consistency. I did measure and use a recipe this time for blogging purposes. I thought it came out pretty good, and as usual was much easier to make then I thought.
1 1/2 cups Aborio Rice $1.25
2 1/2 cup chicken broth $1.20
1 cup tomato sauce .59
1/2 medium onion sliced thinly .15
1/4 cup oil -30
1 tablespoon butter.20
salt and pepper .10
fresh parm cheese

simmer chicken broth, tomato sauce and oil in a sauce pan
in a large pot on low heat, melt butter and saute onions
add rice and a cup of liquid mixture, keep heat on low and stir constantly, slowly add more liquid(approx-in increments of a cup,) constantly stirring. The rice will slowly absorb the liquid and become creamy. remove from heat when there is no more liquid.
serve with fresh parm cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment