Monday, August 30, 2010

Shrimp Cevice $6.88

HELLO BARBARA! Thank you for opening my eyes to this treat! YUMMO! I loved it, I think I put way too much cilantro in (and Joe agrees with that!), but this is a combination I could totally enjoy for lunch or dinner anytime! And amazingly healthy - fantastic for my goals for this week - to really crack down on the not-so-healthy things I've eaten lately.

I researched this a bit before Barbara gave me this awesome recipe - a couple I found on line omitted the tomatoes and avocados. I don't think this dish would be nearly as wonderful without those items... also not nearly as filling. Perhaps that would work if you were serving it just as an appetizer!

16 ounces cooked shrimp, tails removed, and cut into 1/4 inch pieces (4.99)
1 firm but ripe avocado (.79)
2 plum tomatoes or a handful of grape or cherry tomatoes (.50)
2 tbsp cilantro (I used way more) (.20)
juice of one lime (.20)
1/4 cup red onion (.20)

246 calories, 16 carbs,8 fat, 21 protein - I mean REALLY! cost $6.88

Chop the shrimp into 1/4 inch chunks, dice the onion finely, wash and chop the cilantro into fine pieces, and chop the plum tomatoes or half the grape or cherry tomatoes - combine all these things in a 2 quart bowl. Juice the lime over the top of the rest of the ingredients - allow it to sit for a few minutes... some might add salt - I didn't.
Divide into four attractive bowls or glasses and serve.
Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment