Here's a lowdown on what he bought:
- 13 4-packs Hunts Snack Pack Pudding (yes, 52 individual cups)
- 4 Kid Cuisine "kid tv dinners"
- 1 bag of All Natural Lime/Sea Salt Corn Tortilla Chips
- 1 6-pack Luigi Icee Cups
- 1 2-liter bottle Orange Crush
- 1 package light hamburger buns
- 2 frozen pizzas (a good brand)
- 3 14 oz cans Hunts diced tomatoes
- 1 can fat free Redi Whip
- 6 3-packs of Orville Reddenbacher microwave popcorn (all either butter light or natural)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- 1/2 lb. deli ham
- 2 48 oz bottles Canola Oil
- 1 48 oz bottle Vegetable Oil
- tobasco sauce
- 2 cans Pam cooking spray
- 1 bottle (12.6 oz) Pantene conditioner (that's for me)
Jewel totals the coupons used for us - that total is $45.25. As well, Jewel always has a "Preferred Savings" - this week our Preferred Savings is $50.54 (ours for swiping the store sponsored card). Totalling the coupons, the preferred savings, and what we actually paid, we acquired $126.44 worth of product for $30.65 (plus $10 off our next purchase).
We regularly read a website called http://www.jillcataldo.com/ to learn all about the best deals of the week. Sometimes we shop at Jewel, sometimes Walgreens, but we are regularly getting things for free by using the coupons that come in your weekly newspaper.
Here's the way I'm looking at this week's adventure by Joe...
- Hair conditioner from the grocery is EXPENSIVE, normally, but this week it's on sale from its $3.99 price to $3.29, PLUS, last week or the week before Joe got a "catalina" - a coupon printed by the Catalina machine at the checkout - for $1.50 off Pantene ...so my favorite conditioner was $1.79 instead of $3.99. Not bad.
- Another good coupon is the one for Tobassco sauce - normally $1.79 for the 2 oz size, Jewel has it on sale for $.99 this week. THEN, we had a $.75 coupon in the newspaper, so Joe paid $.24 for a fresh bottle of Tobassco! mmm for him.
- And, really, why so much Oil/Pam? Well, the Wesson is Jewel priced at $5.00 - it is Preferred Savings discounted by $2.50 to $2.50 per bottle and the Pam is Jewel priced at $2.95 less Preferred Savings of $.45 to $2.50 as well. COUPONS folks, we had $2 off Pam and $2.00 of Wesson... we spent $8.50 on nearly $21 in cooking oils...
- We even had a "catalina" coupon for the lunchmeat - we got a half pound of hickory smoked deli ham for $3.93 less Preferred savings of $.70 and the catalina for $2.00, so we paid $1.23 for .53 pounds of meat.
- If we'd paid ful price for the tobassco ($1.79), the Conditioner ($3.99) the Cooking Oil/Spray ($20.98), and the lunch meat (3.93) we'd have spent $30.69 - Joe spent $30.65 so in other words... EVERY ITEM ON THE LIST ABOVE ... OTHER THAN THE LAST SIX ITEMS WERE ... FREE! (and don't forget, we have $10 in free groceries next time we shop at Jewel). (who cares if I have to donate the cooking oils to the local food pantry - the people using the food pantry need oil too...)