Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day! Involtini Di Pollo $6.79

Involtini is a fancy Italian way to say rolled chicken breast. Usually the chicken is stuffed and then rolled and baked or sauteed. Our choice of stuffing for the chicken for today is spinach and provolone cheese, but the chicken can be stuffed with anything that appeals. I've stuffed it with proscuitto, artichokes, asparagus, sundried pesto, peppers, and any kind of cheese.

4 Chicken Breasts(fresh or frozen) if frozen thaw thoroughly $3.60
4 Slices provolone Cheese .50
2 handfulls fresh spinach, or 1 cup frozen spinach .30
1/4 cup flour .05
s & P
1/4 cup white wine .20
3/4 cup olive oil .30
1 lb potatoes .75
1 lb frozen vegetables $1.09
Total: $6.79
preheat oven to 350
Cut up potatoes in bite size chunks, and coat with olive oil and salt and pepper
place in baking pan and bake 40 minutes, until crisp
Pound chicken breast flat, and salt and pepper each side.
place cheese and spinach on each breast(6-8 leaves)
roll breasts tight and roll in flour
secure closed with toothpicks
place in baking pan
coat with 1/4 cup olive oil and white wine
bake 20-30 minutes (Kim broiled the chicken for the last three minutes to give it a beautiful golden glow...
heat skillet with oil, add beans(or other vegetable) cook for 5-7 minutes add salt and pepper
(Here it is in the cast iron frying pan/baking dish - I didn't quite roll it well enough - my helpers were trying to get in on the action ya know!)


(If you're sticking with our shopping list, you'll want to have used the flavored rice package and frozen veggie of choice for tonight's meal... Barbara's family is just potato happy!!!)

1 comment:

  1. oops! see how important a grocerylist and a menu is. For 6 weeks in a row, I have gone shopping on Sunday for my groceries for the week, and today I just couldnt(waaaay too much going on) Consequently, I didnt get the rice I needed for the dinner. Luckily I did have potatos and yes my family is "potato" happy, but the moral of this story is organization, organization, organization!!! I am heading to Aldi tomorrow, and although I dont need much this week, I will be happy when shopping for the week is done.

    ReplyDelete