Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Tilapia with Herb di Provential


OK, so I would be a liar if I said I made this devine herb mixture from scratch, especially if I bought all the herbs fresh, or if I said I grew them. The truth is, a friend of mine made the mixture himself. He went to Whole Foods and bought all the herbs (7 herbs) and probably spent fortune, but a little bit of spice, went a long way. He gave me a about 1/4 cup of the combination in a baggie and I seasoned 4 pieces of Tilapia with it, and barely made a dent in my supply. Very little of anything was needed to prepare my Tilapia other then a smidge of olive oil and this herb mixture. It is definitely inspiring me to get some herb plants to start berb garden because the fresh aromatic, flavorful taste on the fish was undenieable. My friend doesnt measure when cooking, so this is his eyeball version of Herb di Provence
1 tbsp rosemary
1 tbsp sage
1 tbsp thyme
1 tbsp basil
1 tbsp majoram
1 tbsp lavender
mix all together and combine with 1/4 cup coarse salt

for my tilapia, I place fish in baking pan and lightly coated fish with extra virgin olive oil
sprinkled sparingly herbs over fish,(not much is necessary to flavor fish)
bake for 15 minutes in oven at 350.
Im going to use the herbs again for sure, in the meantime I have them stored in a tupperware

No comments:

Post a Comment