Sunday, November 7, 2010

Red Harvest Salad


Sometimes I create a salad that I just love and know that I am going to have to make again. This salad for sure is going on our catering menu. There are lots of flavors and textures in this salad, but it comes together perfectly. I made my own dressing, but a store bought raspberry vinegrette, or Italian would be great. The title Red Harvest came from the abundants of "red" in the salad, along with all the red colored ingredients, including beets which when tossed kindo turn everything it touches a light shade of red. Very pretty though, and very inviting.

Ingredients
1 lb mixed field greens
1 medium red onion sliced thin
1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
1 cup walnuts pieces
1 medium apple cored and sliced in think pieces
1 cup beets sliced thin
1/2 cup blue cheese
1/2 cup dressing

combine in large bowl all ingredients together, toss in dressing mix and seve imediately

No comments:

Post a Comment