Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sprimp Quesadilla with Avacodo and Tomato Salsa




We got this recipe from foodie website Skinnytaste.com. I love this blog because the blogger Gina calculates all the weight watcher points for each meal. The big surprise about this meal was my son ate his serving and asked for more twice, not even noticing or caring there was something green inside the tortilla. Thats a good cooking day for me. I loved these quesadillas, however, my camera did not. It just didnt do the meal justice. Im going to have to make them again, and reshoot the picture, darn:)

Ingredients
20 medium cooked shrimp, sliced in half
1 medium tomato diced
1 medium avocado diced
1/4 medium onion diced
1 lime
1 tablespoon cilantro
salt and pepper, cumin optional
8 flour tortillas
4 slices cheese(monteray jack, mozarella- your choice) I used a spicy pepper jack
cooking spray

turn oven to 350 season sprimp with salt, pepper and cumin
place on baking sheet and bake for 5-10 minutes
in meantime mix together tomato, avocado, onion, lime, cilantro
on two baking pans lay out two tortilla's on each
evenly spread salsa and shrimp, top with slices of cheese and close with other tortilla
bake in oven for 1o minutes or until cheese is melted
remove from oven and slice in quarters

I think next time a make these I am going to make them on my panini maker, I know Ill be making them for lunch soon, since they were such a hit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment