Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Walgreens Scrambled Egg Sandwhich $3.05


Heres a sandwhich that brings me back to my youth. I think it is actually one of the first sandwhiches I learned to make using the stove. Its again, quick and easy, and actually good for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Today it was a breakfast/lunch for us. My son didnt get up til after 9:30(gone are the days of rising with the sun) so he ate a big breakfast late because he was going golfing and would be gone 4 hours. I dressed the sandwhich up a little because I had some leftover ham from last week and shredded cheddar cheese, so the sandwhich was packed with nutrients.

This recipe yields 4 sandwhiches

8 eggs .80
1/3 cup milk .20
1/4 cup ham .35
1/3 cup shredded cheddar .60
pinch o salt
1 tablespoon olive oil .30
8 slices bread .80
total:$ 3.05

crack eggs in bowl and beat until a smooth consistant color
add milk, ham, cheese, salt
Heat skillet with oil, slowly pour in egg mixture and stir in pan evenly, making sure to lift sides constantly so eggs dont burn
as the eggs begin to cook, lower heat and fold eggs over slowly until eggs are light and flufy and cheese is fully melted

No comments:

Post a Comment