Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Nicoise Salad $4.29


My technique to cooking or creating on this blog is to research a recipe on many sites and then tweak to my personal taste. I dont see any reason to put achiovees on any recipe(coincidentally this salad calls for anciovees on almost every site I checked) but true to my word, I dont like them, so I aint doin it.
I believe in most resturaunts this salad is served with seared tuna steak. I am not using tuna steak, I am using tuna fish from a can. Tuna is ultra healthy, less expensive and easier to prepare. This salad happens to be Julia Childs favorite salad(atleast that is what she says) It is one of my faves as well, and I know Kim is very excited to try it!!

1 head iceberg lettuce or rommaine lettuce .99
2 medium size tomatos cut in 8 wedges .99
2 medium potatoes cut into 8 wedges .45
4 boiled eggs, each cut them each in half .32
1 cup fresh or frozen green beans(if fresh, steam them slightly, so they still crispy).25
1 can tuna fish .89
1/3 cup olive oil.25
1/8 cup balsamic vinegar.10
1 Tbsp dijon mustard .05

for vinegrette- mix oil, vinegar, and mustard well in a jar

place boiled potatoes and greenbeans in a bowl, pour in half the vinegrette, and toss well
on four individual plates devide up chopped lettuce
in the center of each plate of lettuce, evenly devide and place tuna
around the plates place tomato, beans, potatoes, pour remaining dressing on salad

this salad can also work well with onions, peppers, artichoke, black olives

No comments:

Post a Comment