Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dijon Mustard Honey Glazed Salmon $6.78


Time for some Omega 3's!! This is a quick easy way to prepare salmon, and combines savory and sweet, which is complimented nicely with sweet potato fries. Tonight is my sons B-Day. Happy 11th Birthday Michael, so I did make his favorite - Biscotti icecream cake. That will be the highlight of his evening, I will probably take a pass on icecream cake, so the sweet poatoes will be my sweets for the evening.

4 Salmon Filets $3.99
2 tablespoons honey.20
2 tablespoons dijon mustard.15
salt and pepper
1/4 cup olive oil.20
4 medium sweet potatoes $1.25
some kind of green vegetable.99

salt and pepper salmon
combine mustard and honey
brush on both sides salmon
bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes or until flakey to the fork touch

peal and slice sweet potatoes like frenchfries
toss with olive oil salt and pepper
(for different flavors try garlic salt, or peprika, or cinnamon-be creative)
bake at 400 degrees for 40-50 minutes - putting the meat in during the last 10-15 minutes.
We used Mahi Mahi as it was on top in the freezer - really good - I didn't have nearly as much sauce as Barbara's ... perhaps I was "short" in my "measuring" techniques.  Regarless, it was really yummy!

3 comments:

  1. COME ON MOM... skipping on your son's birthday cake is like not wishing him a happy birthday. I better learn tomorrow that you had a VERY SMALL piece - and that he saw you eat it! I'm not kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all Kim, relax,I did have a few bites. Michael would love nothing more then to have more of this cake for himself because it is his absolute fave, and I only make it once a year because it takes atleast 3 hours from start to finish. If youve noticed, I like fast recipes, I dont have time or patience for slow processes.
    Secondly, I spaced out taking a picture until we were almost done with dinner tonight, and the yummy sweet potato fries were 86 by the time I remembered. My family is new to sweet potato fried and we are loving them. Sorry for no photo, but I know they are in other photos, as I have made before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny - we had aspargus too.
    I took a picture with the fries, but I used mahi mahi as it was what I could find in the freezer. Your sauce looks so amazing - where did it come from, out of the pan in which you baked it? I had some nice sauce on my fish, but nothing like what you got. Yours looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete