Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Fish Taco

I love shrimp tacos and have never had a fish taco before, but I suspected I would like, and I did! I decided a good cilantro/lime flavoring would really give good flavor and keep it light and fresh tasting. Coupled with some very light tasting condiments, the meal was light and flavorful and the perfect combination of tart and fresh.
ingredients:
4 pieces of any whitefish, orange roughy, tilapia
2 limes
1/4 cup cilantro packed
medium onion chopped
2 medium tomatos diced
optional avacodo, sourcream, salsa

in a bowl squeeze contents of lime and mix with cilantro and salt and pepper
marinate fish for a few minutes
in baking pan or skillet cook fish, making sure to include all the marinade
if baking, bake at 350 in preheated oven for about 10 minutes
flake the fish with a fork when done cooking
fill 8 taco shells with fish
top each with tomato and onion
add sourcream or salsa if desired and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment