Sunday, July 11, 2010

Brownies with hidden ingredient(Baked Beans)




I did it!! Ive been thinking about making this brownie for years, and I finally did it! OK, truth be told, I didnt make them from scratch, I used a box mix, but none the less, the brownies came out good. I pureed the beans to use in place of the oil, and then used the 2 eggs. So the brownies were loaded with protein, and fiber. I used baked beans and I did rinse off the sweet, gooey brown sugar sauce, because I did not think that flavor would be a good combo with the chocolate. The results were ok. Michael did say, they didnt taste like my regular brownies, but he did eat manage to eat two of them.
Here is the simple recipe:
1 box brownie mix
1 can(10 0z) baked beans
2 eggs

puree the beans in food processor or blender, add brownie mix and eggs
mix until smooth, pour batter into a greased bake pan
bake at 350 for 20 minutes
let cool and cut into squares

No comments:

Post a Comment