Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tequila Citrus Salmon with summer Veggies $6.21

I found this recipe a while ago while trying to find a way to mask the flavor of salmon for Joe - he just doesn't like it at all. This marinade, after only about 15 minutes, was strong enough to do the job - BUT, it was also really yummy too! I'm glad the recipe I had for the marinade made enough to have it again...maybe on chicken next week. mmm, mmm, good!

Tequila Citrus Marinade:
1/4 cup olive oil .30
1/4 cup tequila .60
3/4 cup orange juice .20
1/4 cup lime juice .40
1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped .30
1 tsp crushed red pepper .05
1/2 tsp cumin .10
zest of one lime .20
pinch of salt .05
twist of ground pepper.02
$2.22

4 peices Salmon $3.99
combine - shake or stir vigorously - and pour on top of meat. Marinade for about 15-30 minutes. This is NOT an overnight marinade! This makes about 1 1/2 cups of marinade - you probably only need 1/2 to 3/4 cup of marinade for 4 pieces of meat, so refrigerate the remaining immediately, and reuse another night with a different kind of meat!


I threw together some yellow (summer) squash that my sister had grown and left for me with some mushrooms that looked really yummy, and got the meal together in next to no time!
I grilled the fish in my "fish grill basket" and put the veggies in my big grill basket - i think the veggies take about 10 to 13 minutes (depending on the veggie - yellow squash tends to cook fast!), and the fish needed five minutes per side.

No comments:

Post a Comment