Monday, August 23, 2010

Penne Pasta with Yellow Squash and Sage $4.85


I found this recipe in a magazine and I thought it sounded awesome, and it was! I didnt know What I really enjoyed about the dish was the combination of the savory herb and zucchini. Infact, the sage was so flavorful, that not much other flavor was needed nor a heavy sauce. The recipe I found, called for butter, but I opted for olive oil. In the case of this dish, the sage was so flavorful, butter wasnt necessary. This dish can be ready in 30 minutes, or how ever long it takes one to boil pasta noodles.

1 lb pasta $1.19
3 medium zucchinis pealed and diced $1.20
3 tablespoons diced sage $1.19
1/4 cup olive oil .60
2 tsp salt .05
1 tsp pepper .02
1 tablespoon fresh or dried parsley .20
parm cheese optional .40

boil noodles according to instruction. heat skillet with olive oil, add zuchini, and sage, saute for 15 minutes on medium until zuchini is soft dd salt and pepper

drain noodles, toss pasta and zuchini in skillet for 5 minutes on low heat

serve with parm cheese and fresh chopped parsley

No comments:

Post a Comment